Digica is GREEN!
Digica is officially working towards being a purely GREEN organization, and anticipates to be as friendly as possible to the environment within the foreseeable future. We have already taken several steps to be as green as possible in all of our offices, and currently have 3 projects underway with assigned task forces to help us be even GREENER.
According to TreeHugger.com, there are 10 highly effective ways to go GREEN, and below the items are the ways Digica has or is about to become as GREEN as we can!
- An information booklet is available online to all staff on how to go (and stay) green at work and at home!
- All staff training's include "Staying Green" on the agenda, and a discussion to stimulate suggestions in open-forum;
- Provide the tools and empowerment for all staff to work from home as much as possible thereby reducing vehicle emissions;
- Deploy remote-management and remote-assistance utilities to reduce the trips that our engineers make to customers sites to fix problems;
- Implement web-based tools to facilitate web-meetings with customers and reduce the number of travel to do customer visits for sales calls;
- Deploy inter-office video-telephony thereby reducing the number of inter-office trips required to get work done;
- Upgrading all of our thermostats to computerized versions with the most efficient programming possible;
- Upgraded all of our computing equipment to more energy efficient models (including low-power LCD screens and laptop computing for most staff);
- Deploying tablet computers to "road-warrior" staff to reduce printing, and enable electronic contract signing;
- Changing all of our lighting to more energy-efficient technologies;
- Ensuring that all lighting is turned off at all locations as a part of our closing procedures;
- Upgrading water heaters to energy efficient models;
- Providing natural spring water to staff to minimize city water usage and bottled water usage;
- Washing of dishes and cups twice a week instead of multiple washes throughout the week;
- Deploy green-bins at all offices to minimize organic waste and encourage composting;
- Move to electronic faxing to minimize paper usage;
- Implementing a new Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management system to eliminate paper filing all together;
- Recycling all cardboard, paper, plastics and any other materials that can be recycled with local recycling programs;
- Purchasing recycled paper and toners for the times we absolutely need to print;
- Reduce inter-office paperwork by changing manual paper processes that required shipping, faxing and printing to electronic methodologies;
- Deployment of Multi-Function centers to reduce photocopying, and enable network scanning for duplication and archiving;
- Deploy blue-bins at all offices and enforce a strict recycling rule within our organization;
- All future uniform purchases will be composed of organic materials;
- All old uniforms will be donated to recycling programs;
- Only purchase recycled toilet paper and paper towels for bathroom and kitchen use;
- Recycling of paper towels when possible;
Furniture and Decor
- Purchasing recycled and/or reconditioned furniture for new office locations;
Keep it Clean
- Purchasing of organic and environmentally friendly cleaning agents;
- Purchasing of bio-degradable soaps for bathrooms;
And so much more!
Did you know...
How easy and affordable it really is to go Green? In fact, many times going Green actually PAYS for itself in the short term!